Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Ours is just a little sorrow..."

I had a crappy day today. Nothing tragic, but just enough sadness to make finishing the work day a little tricky. I could not wait to get home and into the tub.
At nearly 45 years old--especially after these last few years--I know that a hot bath and a good cry are a remedy for just about anything that ails you. I did just that. I soaked in the tub, and I cried. And, for a situation like today's when there is no real solution and truly nothing that can be done to 'fix it', you realize that the next step is to get out of the tub and get back into life.
When I started this blog I decided that I would only write about the good stuff. Even if the day was 99% crappy, I would FIND and write about that 1%. The blog as a whole READS like I am the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA. Which I am.
Most of the time.
I just thought today you might want to know--and maybe even appreciate the fact--that I am, indeed, human. I have bad days, days that I DON'T go out to dinner with someone and, yes, I have sad days too. They are few and far between.
But today was one of them.

6 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

Wishing I was there to wrap my arms around you, sit at your table for some MORE "girl" talk, and tell you that it is 100% ok to be human! It's great to know that you are in touch with your "I need a warm bath, good cry, and blog" side of life...I was worried that you were not human...SUPER WOMAN ALWAYS (nothing will convince me different)! Cry Julie cry...get up tomorrow and smile again! LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL EVENING! I can't WAIT to wear the dress, I am SUPER excited!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

So sorry Julie. I know how you feel. I've been there quite a bit lately. I know it'll get better!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

wow...we did really need eachother today...reading your blog, I don't have to write about my day..I could just post the link to yours. Love you....good to know today I was in good company.

Eliane said...

The only way out is through it!!! Glad you cried and proud of you for getting up and smiling again.
No pity party for you for sure!!!!

Embracing my perfectly imperfect life said...

Julie and Court,
See if more people would write like this we would know that we are in good company with so....many. I was there as well. Wish mine were FAR and Few. Lately they seem so...close. (13 yr old and 2 yr old are a blessing...)But yes through it is the only way. Thanks God for honest friends. She ya on the other side of it with a smile:)

Unknown said...

Was it because it was your last big event with me? ;-)