Sunday, March 9, 2008

Que Sarah Sarah

...what ever will be, will be...Last night, my friend, Sarah, treated us to dinner at Savannah Chop House in Laguna Niguel. We were seated at the table next to the fireplace at this most beautiful restaurant...and it really was an incredible evening. We shared a chopped salad and a basket of bread and Sarah ordered the giant scallops with creamed corn...I had the thickest and most fabulous pork chop ever, with mashed sweet potatoes and applesauce! We shared it all!
We had planned to go to a movie after dinner, but something on the dessert menu caught our eye and we changed our minds...we decided to stick around, have a cup of coffee and experience Savannah's Bananas Foster! And, may I tell you, we are certainly glad we did...
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I think this might be the most phenomenal dessert I have EVER experienced! Bananas in warm caramel sauce, topped with cinnamon ice cream and whip cream and walnuts! It was SO spectacular, I almost CRIED at the table...
(We SERIOUSLY considered ordering another one...)
Even more delicious than the wine and the dinner and dessert was the constant conversation topped with love and lots of laughter with my SWEET friend Sarah!

6 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

That dessert looks amazing! I want some!

Ange said...

omg that dessert looks SO GOOD!!!!!!

Insured Asset Solutions said...

That looks soooo much better than the Bananas Foster that Brent picked up from the country club a few years back.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I am so freaken jealous of you...

last night at Don Jose's we had the same old thing:
Chalupa salad, a side of that corn mashed stuff, a couple of pork tamales,rice and beans, a Cadillac margarita and some dumb flan for dessert...HA

Eliane said...

I can so see you closing your eyes and making the yum sounds. So glad you had a fun night out with Sarah. You ladies are beautiful!

Lisa Marie said...

That looks UNBELIEVABLE!!!