Thursday, April 26, 2007

twenty six resources

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

At your local library they have these arranged in ways that can make you cry, giggle, love, hate, wonder, ponder, and understand.
It’s astonishing to see what these twenty-six little marks can do. In Shakespeare’s hands they became Hamlet. Mark Twain wound them into Huckleberry Finn. James Joyce twisted them into Ulysses. Gibbon pounded them into The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. John Milton shaped them into Paradise Lost.”

There are several messages here, but the most important is that creative ideas come from manipulating your resources ­— no matter how few and simple they are.

From the Creative Think Website

5 comments:

Allison said...

Where did you find this?

Julie Hibbard said...

Click on the Creative Think Blog listed on my front page...GREAT stuff!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Very interesting blog...GREAT stuff is right!
Shakespear I'm not nuts about; but I usually buy his new books when they come out...
I've had three of the books for years and I plan on reading them when I retire(in between John Grisham, James Patterson, Clive Kussler, Tom Clancy, Dean Koontz and Stephen King novels)

loisa said...

love it.

Gina Vistaunet said...

I have no idea what you are talking about.....