Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's NEVER over...

Dodgers were behind 3-2 going into the bottom of the 9th last night. The stadium started to empty out, presumably due to anticipated chaos in the "controlled zone" parking lot. I was there last week and it IS indeed madness to get out of.
BUT--can you imagine sitting frustrated in that log jam stadium PARKING LOT when the Dodgers not only rally to TIE the game in the 9th, but come back, load the bases in the 10th and allow Russell Martin to hit the first grand slam of his career?!!
A walk off grand slam home run!!
...and most of the fans who came to sit and enjoy the great game of baseball on a beautiful Saturday night...were out in the parking lot fighting their way back to the 5 freeway...
This, dear friends, is the reason I always MEET people at a baseball game. I would never ever DREAM of leaving a game until it is over. And, it really is NEVER OVER...til she sings so.

6 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

That's why I never went with my Dad to sporting events or even movies...he'd always leave before the end...I learned this as a kid...
Matt Jenson probably leaves early too if he's sitting next to an old person...

Allison said...

we were playing cards and had it on in the background...Matt Hall was SO EXCITED!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Dear Julie,
don't worry. I'M OK! I couldn't post yesterday because I was in the OC from about 11am through 12:30am. Movies were seen, pasta was cooked, friends new and old were seen, and good times were had. All that to say, I got home super late and had to get up early for church. SO I'll be back in the regular bloggin rythym tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your concern!
-Josh

'neice said...

I totally agree! I was at the Angels game last night and would not have dreamed of leaving until it was over!

Brent said...

I hate when people do that. I would never leave early.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Matt:
I'm waiting for your comment...