Monday, April 2, 2007

The Departed

I finally watched The Departed. To be honest, my hands were over my face and I was peeking out with one eye through most of it...but I was absolutely captivated the entire 2 1/2 hours!
Brilliant acting from every single one of them makes all the twists and turns and confusion and mystery so attractive and so intense! I was holding my breath and closing my eyes...and just when you think it's over...it ain't over.
Awesome movie. For me, it's in the same category as Good Fellas, Pulp Fiction, Godfather--crude language, intense violence and engrossing dialog that constantly has you wondering who's on whose side and not having any idea how--or when!--it's gonna end.
Love that kind of movie.

The Best Picture and Best Director Oscars are, without a doubt, absolutely deserved. It was one of the most alluring, gripping, ENTHRALLING movies I've ever experienced.
Of course, I had a hard time going to bed afterward. First off, as I went to lock up the house, I kept thinking someone was behind every door with a gun...and as I laid in bed, my mind kept playing things over and over... I think it's one of those movies I' ll be thinking about for days.
REALLY love that kind of movie.

5 comments:

Jen Panunzio said...

I agree! I loved it too. So much that I watched it again with my dad and I kept wanting to tell him what was going to happen before it actually did. But was it really necessary for them to use the F word so much? :)

andrea said...

I loved that movie too! I saw it opening weekend and I thought at the time that every single actor in this movie should be nominated. The acting was great, writing was superb and directing was next to perfect!

Brent said...

Great movie. Definitely deserving of the acclaim.

Allison said...

Oh man...it was a super good movie...and not too shabby to look at either...

Unknown said...

Loved the movie! It definitely is a must see.