Friday, April 27, 2007

Love this book...

A friend recommended this book to me. I read it in three days.
"If you've ever felt alone in a world of strangers, missing
someone you've never met, you'll find a message from your love in..."The Bridge Across Forever" by Richard Bach.
Under the title, it reads, "A true love story"...and, boy, is it.
It's the author's desire and his journey as he searches for his soul mate... and then his JOY and emotional elation when he realizes who she is...SO GOOD!!
You cannot borrow mine though. I highlighted, underlined and made lists of my soul mate's attributes in the book and even wrote him a letter in the back. Can't wait to show him! My favorite line--once he realizes he has found her--
"
She is as if I imagined her into being."
Yikes.

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

So glad you enjoy the almost lost joy of reading...

Richard Bach's name rang a bell as the author of Jonathon Livingstone Seagull published in the 70's...it became a best seller and then a movie about a bird that enjoyed flying around better than catching food...I didn't see the movie but wondered always who played the leading role...

I won't be reading "The Bridge Across Forever"... I hate crying while I'm reading...I looked up the author on line and suggest you hit the library for the following titles:
"The Ferret Chronicles"... Really?
"Rescue Ferrets at Sea"... You don't say!
"Rancher Ferrets on the Range"... Hot!!!
"Adventures from the Ferret Chronicles"...Okee-Dokee!

Julie Hibbard said...

You are hilarious!!

nearshorepaddler said...

Hi, I was searching for images of thatch for a fun family project, but while scrolling down I saw Richard Bach's name and stopped instantly. I had no idea this book was out there, but I'll be reading it now for sure. As for the ferret books, they are must reads. No, really! Bach really puts heart into his writing, if you are not touched, you're not paying attention!

Take care, Andrew