Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Today is Tuesday

I am all mixed up on my days.
I was off on Saturday, which I never am. I worked Sunday, but was off yesterday and now I am off today too. I looked at my calendar this morning and said--out loud-- "OK, today is Tuesday...."

Which sent my mind to a song. It's a song from The Mickey Mouse Club...and I have not thought of it for YEARS. But this morning, when I said, "Today is Tuesday..." it flowed out of my mouth like I had sung it every Tuesday of my entire life.

"Today is Tuesday, you know what that means...
we're gonna have a special guest

So, get out the broom, sweep the place clean
and dust off the mat so the WELCOME can be seen.
Roll out the carpet, strike up the band
and give out with a HIP HOORAY (Hip Hooray!!)

Wiggle your ears, like good Mouseketeers,
we're gonna present our guest today...

Cause Tuesday is guest star day."

Yep, I'm a dork.
And I don't know what day it is.
But I always have a song to sing...

5 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a while. I love that song. Just don't blog about "I'm a Happy Mouse". Dad will pay me to sing it to him.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Gina, if you ever need some 'real' money just say the word!

Julie, your blog instantly reminded me of one of my favorite songs : "BLUE MONDAY",as sung by Fats Domino...and I remembered every line of it...
The opening lines:
Blue Monday, how I hate blue Monday,
got to work like a slave all day.
Here comes Tuesday, oh hard Tuesday,
I'm so tired got no time to play...

the ending:
Sunday morning my head is bad,
but it's worth it for the time that I had.
But I've got to get my rest
'Cause Monday is a mess...

we are both dorks...

Allison said...

And I inherited the ridiculous gene because I just sang Happy Mouse in my head...and I'm singing "Manic Monday", "Sunday Morning rain is fallin"...and now the stupid "It's Friday Night" song from the start of old TGIF...

Suefalla said...

Just to let you know: Tomorrow is wednesday :-)

Eliane said...

You are so cute!!! and, tomorrow is pink Wednesday.