Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Just JACK!

I have just returned from one of the most enjoyable evenings EVER. Courtney and Ange and I have been trying to get together for months...and we finally made it happen tonight at Chili's! The conversation was full of "remember whens" and questions about where we are going!
There was LOTS of talk of living alone, taking care of ourselves and wondering if God really does have some sort of plan in all of this. What's He waiting for?
Beer and chocolate certainly help the contemplations...
We actually celebrated ALL of our birthdays tonight as well!
Beer and chocolate certainly help the celebration...
Life is long. I will say that til the day I die
(probably at 115 like Edna)
It is hard. It throws you curve balls--daily. And just when you start humming along enjoying the ride--someone comes and slaps you back into reality.
Tonight, we talked about all the things that seem to make life unfair, unenjoyable, unexplainable. But we also talked about things that bring INCREDIBLE joy to our lives! Things that make us smile, laugh, close our eyes and remember how great it is to be alive!
Seriously...it was a great conversation.
And an amazing evening.
These are two fabulous women!
I mean three.
And the beer and chocolate ain't bad either.

6 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

seriously I am sitting here reading this laughing SO dang hard. I love you Julie, and I am so thankful for your true honest friendship. Tonight was just a stream of laughter!

Eliane said...

Wish I would have been there especially for the wedding cake.

Ange said...

HA! Awesome!!! SO much fun! And yes, I totally read in between the lines on this one.

PETE Di LALLO said...

JEEZE JULIE...
Birthdays, Beers and chocolate!
How nice that you still remember how to have fun at your age!!!!!
Do you love me?
Will you love me forever?
give me an answer in the morning?

Sorry, I got carried away...just listened to one of Meatloaf's greatest hits...

Allison said...

Did Court get new hair? It looks good.

I'm glad you had so much fun!

Heather McTaggart said...

I love the smiles! I love nights like this with people you can trust, share and be open about! Great JOB girls, holding each other up in this crazy thing called "LIFE!"

PS...Ange we saw you tonight at Ralphs but you were on the phone, looked rushed so we didn't say "hi" sometimes I don't take those opportunities! YOU LOOKED GREAT and Happy to whomever you were talking to!