Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My tax return...










I got so excited today, when in the mail BOTH my tax return checks had arrived. I started spending the money before I got the rest of the mail out of the box.
In a perfect world, your tax return would come and it would be "extra money"...it would be like the days when my sisters and I would pull out the Sears catalog and circled all the things we wanted Santa to bring us. I could go to Target and START on the DVD aisle and really treat myself! Go ahead! Buy the whole series of "Arrested Development", "Six Feet Under" and, what the heck, finally buy "The Godfather" trilogy! At that point, I would head over to the brand new kitchen appliance area of Target and I would start by purchasing a gorgeous Kitchenaid Mixer. I LOVE to cook and bake and this is one item that has truly been on my "wish list" for 25 years. I would then add to that the matching high-end Kitchenaid blender (at this point, I don't even own a blender!) and just for good measure, to complete the set, I would treat myself to the Kitchenaid coffee maker in the same beautiful red accent color. My coffee maker is literally on its last leg anyway. (it's the one we used at the Crave coffee bar!!)
My cart would be bursting with delighfulness!! Who says you can't buy happiness?
Unfortunately, the world is not perfect, and this money is not even close to being "extra". I will deposit the checks and pay off a few bills and stock up on groceries and fill up the gas tank to the tune of 50 bucks...
Maybe I can just figure out a way to at least get the mixer.
And the Godfather trilogy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, Maybe you should revisit your blog about the dangers of Target.

Allison said...

Oh...I think you can buy all of this stuff...but then that's why I still have to live at home...

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

ohh you could be in my shoes and OWE money!

Brent said...

You could always borrow my Arrested Development. I have all three seasons.

Insured Asset Solutions said...

You stole Mr. Coffee from Crave...ha ha. I loved that coffee maker. So many memories at the coffee bar!

Unknown said...

JULIE STOLE?????

Jen Panunzio said...

I so want all three of those appliances too! But not because I love to cook or even cook for that matter but because they are red and would look awesome in my kitchen!! :)