Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth

As I handed the parking attendant my $8, I yelled, "YEAH! It's baseball season again!!" The lot was bustling with cheerful, energized people...eager to smile and say hello and welcome each other back! Ah,baseball fans, ready for the commencement of OUR season. I was over an hour early for the game, as I planned. Just enough time to grab a hot dog and a bag of peanuts and sit down and watch the Dodgers' batting practice. Smiling (with tears in my eyes), I absorbed the gorgeous view...I freakin' love this place! There is absolutely no where in the whole world that I would rather be.
My friend, Richard showed up to join me (he didn't want to come quite as early as I did) with a couple of beers in his hand. NOW, it was officially the most wonderful time of the year!
The Angels beat the Dodgers 4-2, in a game that ultimately means nothing.
...except to those of us who have counted the long dark days of winter in anticipation of this annual "kickoff the season" game. Tonight we rejoice in the spectacular reunion of the glorious sights and brilliant sounds and superb smells and delightful excitement of this magnificent game!
PLAY BALL!

2 comments:

Brent said...

It means IT'S ON. Angels are going to win the Series this year, beating the Dodgers in 5 games.

Sarah said...

Oh, this actually brings tears to my eyes! I can actually smell the dirt and the freshly cut grass. Sigh...at least we have a minor league team here in Vegas.