Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A "remember when" for Courtney Gause

One of the best parts of being on the Children's Staff at Saddleback Church was working with Courtney Gause who constantly made me and the entire team laugh!
Anytime we'd talk about someone's dress and I'd say, "I thought that was a really pretty dress." Courtney would say, "Yeah, if you're going to a Quinceanera."(I think it meant that it was NOT a dress Courtney particularly liked.)
Then, one time, Courtney was going to be in a wedding, I asked her what the dressed looked like. You guessed it. She said, "It's great if you are going to a Quinceanera."
Courtney--this STILL makes me laugh. You need to see this movie.

3 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Lets make it a date! I miss those times...when I was the funny one on the team, I've got some great competition on the PEACE team, but it makes work fun. I love you tons and I miss laughing with you everyday.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

ahh but how can you forget the one wedding I was in where I had to wear a 1980's suit with shoulder pads and all. I thank God daily that I own no picture from that day and that non of my friends have EVER seen it. Courtney Rutenbar was the only one who saw me that day....and she still makes fun of me. (I think I need to write a blog about this...maybe it will help in the healing process)

Ange said...

HA - I can totally picture Court saying this. We should have a CM reunion. You, me, Court, Cathy Batesole, Laura Kelly, John Rogers, Lisa Lawrence, Jon Mestes...who else??