Monday, March 19, 2007

I am woman...

On top my illness, my kitchen sink backed up last night and I could not get it to drain. When I got up this morning, it had not gone down one bit...so I left for work with 6 inches of brown mucky water sitting in the sink. I had one long hard day, running around between sneezing and coughing, and finally left work around 1pm. I stopped at Home Depot and bought a plunger and a big bottle of extra-strength Drano. (Yes, it's spelled Drano) When I got home the sink had not budged. I plunged, and plunged and plunged for about 20 minutes. Nothing. I poured half the bottle of Drano. Nothing. Plunged more. More Drano. (You must picture me in my pajamas, coughing and sneezing at the same time!) I decided I had to go lay down...I came home to rest and was about to plunge myself to death.
Here's the thing: I don't call in sick and I also don't call repair men. I refuse to pay anyone (probably $100!) to what I can do.
I woke up a couple of hours later and came back in--the water had not moved. And now I was mad. I started plunging for all I was worth! I plunged for about 5 minutes without stopping, using every last bit of energy in my body...AND IT HAPPENED--IT FINALLY ALL WENT DOWN! Hooray! I ran the garbage disposal, let the water run-- perfecto!!
See, I knew I could do it. I AM woman...hear me cough.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember...it could have been worse. It could have been a backed up toilet.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I never doubted that you would end up winning the battle!

Allison said...

You are so awesome!! Good job!

Brent said...

Well done. I know you can do everything now.

Insured Asset Solutions said...

NYQUIL SHOTS...I'll take some with you!