Sunday, March 18, 2007

I just don't feel GOOD...


I have actually been battling a bad cold all week. But I am one of those people who will NEVER let it stop me. I refuse! I am one of those people (the few! the proud!) who have NEVER once called in sick to work. NEVER in 30 years of working! (Through TWO pregnancies also, mind you!) I live under the rule that if you get up, take a shower and get dressed, you will feel better. Ask my kids. I didn't allow them to give in to sickness either.
That's why when I really get sick, I get angry. Today, I am sick.
I went to Ray's party last night, coughing and sneezing and dancing in a Prom dress out in his back yard...yeah, probably shouldn't have done that. And though the guys SWORE to me that the two shots of tequila would cure my cold, I woke up today feeling worse than ever.
Thankfully, I was off today. I stayed in my jammies and read the paper and watched "The Prestige" and then realized I was out of drugs...I had to get dressed and go battle the confusing wall of cold medicines...JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD AGAIN...Certainly $26 worth of cough drops, Emergen-C and cold tabs will help.
I am back home, and back in my jammies and back on the couch and full of drugs again.
And, tomorrow, at 4:30 am I will get up, get in the shower and get dressed and go to work and I will feel better. Well, it doesn't matter how I feel. I will go to work.
Cause that's what people like me do.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie I hope you feel better! I found that when I feel like I am coming down with a cold, I make my spicy shrimp Thai soup. The heat from the chili paste kills any bad bug in my system.

Anonymous said...

Julie, I am so sorry that you are sick! I am glad you were able to rest today, and hopefully tomorrow you will feel 110% or at least close to 100%!

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Nyquil is my drug of choice...a few shots back to back always works for me ;-)

Allison said...

remember that line: "if I were bleeding out my eyes you would make me go to school!"...

remember that time that I threw up on the way to school and you made me go anyway...with barf on my jeans and without re-brushing my teeth!

Julie Hibbard said...

And look at the woman you are today!

Unknown said...

You made your daughter go to school when she was sick and with barf on her jeans? I didn't realize how tough you were.

Brent said...

Hardcore.

Sarah said...

I, too, HATE to be sick. I am not one of those people that "milk" illness so they last longer. When I worked, I was sick for an entire week and it was the worse thing ever. I lost my voice and, since I taught school, going to work and actually doing something productive, wasn't an option.

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling any better? I certainly hope so!