Thursday, March 1, 2007

How Great is Our God?

Today I got on the treadmill at the gym and turned on my ipod as usual. I have a WORKOUT play list that I walk and run (and sing!) to. But apparently, I accidentally scrolled to the WORSHIP play list instead cause "How Great is Our God?" came on. At first, I picked up the ipod to put on the correct play list, but a sudden FLOOD of memories filled my mind with THIS SONG! I decided to walk for a bit and just listen.
I remembered Tent 3 FILLED BEYOND CAPACITY many Thursday nights at Crave...and THIS SONG--being sung by 500 plus college students--echoing through the tent. I remembered sitting in service and listening to a man near me belt out THIS SONG loudly, with passion and from his heart. I remembered sitting for the first time at my new church and THIS SONG being the first one we were all asked to stand and sing.
I pushed the back button and played it again. I confess, it's been a very long time since I played worship music at all. I have not been very worshipful this last couple of years. I continued to listen and wipe away a few tears, thinking of how incredibly patient God has been with me during this time. Blessing me, regardless. I continued to walk through "My Glorious!" and then RAN to "Our Love is Loud!" Remembering Taffy LAUGHING up on stage! Then, "Indescribable" came on. I ran a bit and sang it in my head. But I had to stop and walk when I sang the line, "You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same!" The depths of my heart are not all that pretty... they are a bit scarred up and not quite healed. And He loves me the same.
I turned off the ipod and just walked and I even talked to God for a little bit. I began to feel that scrolling to the wrong play list wasn't such an accident after all...How great is our God?

3 comments:

Annie Smith said...

beautiful.

Insured Asset Solutions said...

I MISS THOSE DAYS!!!!!!!!!! Oh those were the days...old school Crave. I love Taffys' worship! I miss you at Saddleback! You, Francisco, Dave, Tanya, Dana (Miss. I won $10,000..let me call the number on my screen), Peters....oh the memories!

Heather McTaggart said...

Julie, I hear about you from the "guys" and I hear how great you are doing. Sometimes others see the great things about our lives that we don't see. Memories are fun and can be sad too, but I love that you have such great memories of the days you touched so many lives at Saddleback and so many moments and lives touched yours. I miss seeing your smile, but I love hearing that you are "ok!" There are no accidents, every moment is another life lesson with God! God Bless you Julie!