Friday, August 24, 2007

Weiner means "Viennese" or "of Vienna"

Great sign

This is the concert we went to this evening....
Outside and inside of the concert hall
The concert was excellent. All songs that you know, but don't necessarily know the name of.
Except I knew one...I even have the song on my ipod. It's "The Emperor's Waltz." I read, "The Divine Embrace" by Ken Gire a couple of years ago. Ken uses the contrasting movements of "The Emperor Waltz" as a metaphor for life, inviting us to be embraced by God and know the joy of the dance. It was a special book for me to read at that time in my life and it was very special to hear that song again tonight...at a concert hall in Vienna.

1 comment:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I would like to make three comments:

1)My friend Allison (at least when compared to me) is quite short. Standing next to her in one of the above photos, you seem to be even shorter than her. In my mind this puts you at about 4'10". I don't remember you being that short. Is the water in Europe doing this?

2)I hope you're eating tons of Vienna sausage while you're there.

3)Allison, you really are ridiculously good looking.

That is all.