Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Welcome Home Randy

Randy Johnson is a Diamondback again. I love this picture of him (and really like the new uniforms) It's so good to see him happy again!
Randy hasn't smiled much the last two seasons. He's been on the Yankees, which you think would make any ball player happy, but it was not a pleasant two years for Mr. Johnson for many reasons...Despite the fact that no one ever made the pin stripes look better (Randy is 6'10), it seemed, among other things, that Randy had left his heart in Arizona.
Randy has five Cy Young awards, is a 10 time All Star, has over 4,500 strike outs and has 280 wins under his belt. He should be able to hit 300 wins in the next couple of years easily...and he'll happily do it as a Diamondback. He was his BEST in Arizona.
I was fortunate enough to see him pitch against the Angels TWICE last year and he is absolutely unbelievable to see in action! I watched those 98 mphs pitches over and over...man, I just love it! Seriously, he's amazing to watch.
But what I love the most about Randy Johnson is that he is the same age as me.
43 years old and incredible.
Good Luck Randy! I'll be rooting for you! Even when you are pitching against the Dodgers and especially when you pitch to Luis in a Dodger uniform...I can't wait!!

2 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

Julie, I'm sorry to be the only one to say this but honestly Randy Johnson is possibly the ugliest baseball player I've ever seen. I'm not discrediting his baseball skills, but lets be honest and state the obvious.

(I know I'm going to hell for this comment, but I had to speak the truth)

Julie Hibbard said...

I think he's kinda cute these days! You should have seen him when he had a long mullet and a fu man chu mustache in the old days...
He's just so darn good at what he does--I think he's beautiful!