Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's official--I have everything.

Every Sunday morning I spend a couple of hours "reading the paper." OK-let me confess something: unless it is baseball season, which is the only time I read the Sports section, "reading the paper" on Sunday morning consists of skimming the new books section, glancing at the movie times and then DEVOURING the advertisements. And each week, I save the best part--the heart of the Sunday paper--for last: The Target Ad.
Only today, as I read through all of the ads, I had this strange NEW enlightenment: I own everything I need. Every thing I want too. I need nothing! From the Lamps Plus Ad to the Best Buy Ad and even the Payless Shoes Ad--I don't need one thing. And, as I reached for the heart, and page by page scanned the Target Ad, I came to this simple conclusion--I have it all.
Everything that is on sale this week, everything they want to sell me...I already have or don't need. I have enough work out clothes, bras, and underwear. I have a DVD player, color printer and an IPod. I have a toaster, coffee maker and microwave. Plenty of towels, sheets and a good vacuum. Don't need a baby stroller or diaper genie (thank God!) And CERTAINLY do not need any Doritos, Snickers Bars or Dove Chocolates...
I am good! I am fine! I am blessed! I know that I have everything in the world that I could possibly want or ever need...
So, why is it then that if I went to Target right now...I would spend $200???

6 comments:

Allison said...

Because they didn't advertise all of the amazing DVDs and TV seasons they have available...that's where they get me.

Sarah said...

Target is the best place on earth. My entire family and family-in-law are true believers of all that is Target. We are turn Tartgetarians!

Brent said...

Dove chocolates.

Insured Asset Solutions said...

I LOVE TARGET! It's almost as great as Costco....I should blog about my favorite stores...Target would be number 2, right after Costco. In fact, I think that they are tied for number 1.

Andrew said...

long live target! down with wal-mart!

Jen Panunzio said...

I totally agree with your bolg. I feel like I have everything and then when I just need that one item from Target, I come out with 50 random things that I never intended on buying! I think half my paycheck goes to the Target fund of America!!