Tuesday, January 30, 2007

No regrets.




Zac and I had a really good conversation the other night. At one point, he asked me if I had any regrets...I told him that being his mom, and Allison's mom, is the absolute greatest thing that had ever happened in my life. That I enjoyed each and every second of the last many many years of being room mom, team mom, carpooling, cooking 3 different dinners, helping with homework, catching him as he learned to pitch in our back yard, watching every Christmas program, violin concert, class play, learning to play nintendo, driving them to two different schools for years and years and years and even teaching them to drive. LOVED having the house FULL of all of their friends. Allison and Zac BOTH have REALLY great, out-loud laughs! I truly love hearing their laughter.
I told Zac that I delighted in every bit of this last quarter century.
And, short story long...no, I sincerely have no regrets. My kids are the best thing that ever could have happened to me. As much as I loved being their mom when they were little, it's even better now! They are GREAT adults! Funny, happy, intelligent, productive, successful, Jesus-loving people. (And now I get to hang out with Matt Jensen too!)
...regrets? No way.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Seriously, Matt Jensen is the biggest bonus in this whole deal.

Alanna Moine said...

amen.

to the blog...not to allison's comment. That might be a little awkward.

Brent said...

You deserve a lot of credit for how they turned out. Although I wouldn't always admit that if I were you. JK.