Saturday, August 20, 2011

Simple kind of life

I am sitting here in my jammies, laptop keeping me warm, music playing softly (my latest love song mix)--and all is well in the world. I had SUCH a great day today...so great that I'm giving myself the night off from packing.
And I'm just gonna sit and smile for a while.

It's so very quiet and calm here in my sweet little apartment tonight. (Yes, every night.)
I am OH SO grateful for this very peaceful, simple, amazing and satisfying life.

You know it wasn't always this way, right?

Let me assure you that you can do anything you want to do...no matter how old you are, how much money you have or where you are on your path in life.
You can finish school, get a better job, get out of debt, lose weight, get organized--be happy!--you CAN start a new life!

Here's the key:
Figure out what you CAN control and what is truly out of your control.
You have control over a lot more than you think you do...be honest!
You have control over your destiny!
Trust me, you do.

Now change something.

And it's really very simple:
Turn off the TV and go for a walk.
Put it away! 'A place for everything and everything in its place.'
Give it away! Throw it away! Get rid of it! Less is more--I swear to you!
Go online and check out some classes (I was 37 when I graduated from college--STILL one of the greatest accomplishments of my life!)
Cut up your credit cards and make a plan to pay them off. And STOP BUYING THINGS!!
Make up a new resume. Apply for a job. And another. OK, one more!
Put the donut down!
Move to another city. Or another country. (Hell, I moved 10 miles--and found a whole new world.)
Have a plan.
Set some goals.
Give yourself a date to get it done. And get it done.
Let go of ANYTHING that is truly out of your control (Oh, damn, that feels good!)

Then, decide to live a simpler, more peaceful life...
you CAN do it.

It's never too late to live happily ever after.
Start today.

Get up, take a shower, get dressed and make a decision to move forward.
It's really pretty simple.
But the only one who can make it happen...is you.

3 comments:

Amy Amersons said...

Julie, if you don't end up doing some life coaching or writing a book, there are going to be some people majorly missing out on your frank wisdom, hilarious quips, and kick-you-in-the-fanny advice. You are truly amazing!

Debbie Morines said...

I agree with Amy! Julie, you need to write a book! Write for a newspaper or go on a public speaking tour!
I love reading your posts!

JB said...

Why do I always feel like you are writing directly to me? Thank you. Your right again Jules!
And the ladies are right. you need to get a book deal and share this with the world.
J.B.