Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Peace of my heart

The other day I had a friend over for a visit. As we sat and talked and drank wine on my tiny little patio, my friend continuously remarked on how quiet and peaceful it was out there. I pointed out how the tall, beautiful trees give a sense of being out in the woods and admitted that--be it ever so humble--I have been so happy with every aspect of living here. The whole time we were out there, we never saw--or even heard--one other person.

We came inside to have a little lunch, sitting and talking at my table...and once again my friend marveled at the silent, still, calmness of my tiny little apartment. I told her that it's honestly always that way here. It is always so peaceful and so quiet and so calm and SO very comfortable in this simple little place.

As she stood at my front door getting ready to leave, she stopped, took one more long look around at my apartment and said,
"If I ever run away from home...I'm coming here."


With a happy heart, I smiled and thought,
"Lucky me. I'm already here."

2 comments:

138 said...

You truly are the luckiest person I know. Although, I think you have worked pretty hard to get this lucky. Peacefullness is never overated. 138

robin_brown_62 said...

Having peace within ones home comes from a peace within ones self! I have felt the peace in your home...aww.