Thursday, August 4, 2011

Frampton Comes Alive

Having experienced Peter Frampton at the Forum in Los Angeles in 1976 (my first concert!), and then again at Anaheim Stadium in 1977 and then, once again about 10 years ago at the OC Fair, I knew I would be GREATLY entertained and would fully enjoy every minute of Peter Frampton's 35th anniversary concert. Still absolutely FULL of life at 61, with what I feel is an even BETTER sounding voice (is that possible?), Peter entertained every single one of the almost as full of life fans! I danced and sang and cried and laughed (and, yes, did air guitar) from start to finish! He sang and played each song as if we were hearing it right off the 1976 album. Brilliant!
Frampton literally came alive last night during the greatest rendition of "Do You Feel" that I have ever experienced. I have always thought that "Do You Feel" has the best ending of any song ever recorded, and last night, Peter did not disappoint in recreating the excitement of its fabulous, long drawn out close.
Along with me, he also NEVER stopped smiling! How fun is HIS life? Peter Frampton is doing exactly what he is meant to be doing in life...and loving every second of it.
I was wondering what it takes to sing the same songs over and over and over, night after night after night--for 35 plus years.
I suppose it really just takes an amazing tolerance for repetitiveness...
And, now that I think about it, I guess it's not much different that any one else's job...
Gotta say though, Peter seems to be having a lot more fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sisters must have really livened the place up...you both looked so good...did you manage to get a backstage pass?