Sunday, August 28, 2011

Progress Report

Success! The kitchen is all set up and organized!
I have DOUBLE the amount of cabinets that I had in my last home!
I will have quite a few empty ones!
I feel MUCH better now! The painter just called to say he's on his way and the baseboard guy is due to show up today too! My new (AMAZING) bed came yesterday too...just waiting on carpet (oh, and paint) in my bedroom...then I'll get that in order too.
This is a very good test of patience for me, having to wait to do all the things I want to do.
I keep saying, "Do what you CAN do, Julie Hibbard!" And I listen.
I did get to end the evening with my cousin Robin and her (former) sister in law, Ev.
We all became single women in the last four or five years.
And each of us had been married at least 23 years.
Only difference is that Robin and Ev each have a nine-year-old child.
And a cat.
I, quite gratefully, have neither.

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Your new home is looking good...at least the rooms you've photoed...don't be bothering the painter and save time this evening for a quick dinner...we will deliver..

robin_brown_62 said...

What a great place you have! I can't wait to see it all come together! I had a great visit with you this weekend.

Sonja said...

You touched a cat?
Love your new appliances.