Monday, April 14, 2008

Random Kinds of Factness

Things that have been on my mind the last few days...
  1. Cigarette smoke doesn't bother me that much. People who make a big deal about how much they hate cigarette smoke bother me a lot.
  2. What's a positive word for 'selfish'? There has to be one.
  3. People tell me how lucky I am that my kids are so great. I don't know how much luck was actually involved.
  4. I seriously get VERY excited when I see that someone has added me to their blog roll.
  5. I cannot believe how often people ask me how William (my former husband) is doing.
  6. I can honestly say that I feel better today--in every way--than I did 20 years ago. I have more time and more energy than I have ever had before. I love getting older and enjoying the ride! And seriously, if I want to live a long life, what is the option? I will never ever say that I am old. Ever! I plan to be 45 and 55 and 65 and 85! and still be going strong.
  7. The only reason I keep my home phone is so I can call myself when I come up with blogging ideas.
  8. You really do love your kids the EXACT same whether they are 23 months or 23 years old. Incredible.
  9. I love drinking coffee--at my house. I've only been to Starbucks a handful of times. Mostly with Allison.
  10. I haven't felt 'guilt' in years.
  11. Please NEVER tell a single person that they will meet the person of their dreams "when they least expect it."
  12. I have three TVs in my house. I don't think I've watched a total of three hours of TV all year...
  13. If I had enough money to quit my job...I wouldn't.
  14. I still think it's ironic that the song from my wedding was "Endless Love." (Don't ya think?)
  15. I have had over 100 readers on my blog each day since March 15...138 has been the record so far.
  16. I think MUSIC is my love language.
  17. "Not my pig, not my pig pen" is one of my favorite sayings. I can't control, change or be responsible for anyone but me.
  18. Life is long. My life has been very long. Very enjoyable and totally worth living, but very long just the same. Days don't go by fast, years don't either. When someone says, "Can you believe it's been a year since ...." I can always believe it. And, yes, I can believe my kids are in their mid-twenties. It does NOT seem like yesterday that they were little. It seems like a different lifetime ago.
  19. I watched "Meet the Robinsons" the other night and I swear, there was a message from God in it for me-- "Keep moving forward."
  20. I would MUCH rather stay home and clean--organize cabinets, closets, the garage--than go shopping for clothes. I LOVE shopping for gifts, things for my home or just browsing Target. But I can't think of anything I dislike more than clothes shopping. I love cleaning. And ironing. And, especially, organizing my garage.
  21. I have not been 'stressed', 'in a hurry' or 'busy' in years. And it's just plain weird.
  22. I get up at 4 am every day. Automatically. Yep, even on my days off. On those days tho, I get up and drink a pot of coffee while I blog and check email and find the baseball scores...and then I usually go back to bed for a while. It's fabulous.
  23. I never forget anything--and my memory is only getting better. I believe it's because I have less and less to remember and keep track of these days. And my mind never stops. Not for a second.
  24. I love baseball. I am at my BEST April through October. I follow and root for the Dodgers, but I don't care who wins...I don't even care who's playing. And I don't "hate" any team! If there is a game on, I'll watch it. Watching a well-played game of baseball is one of life's GREATEST pleasures to me.
  25. I so love being on my own now--doing my own thing, taking care of just me--that I wonder if I could ever be married again. I'm starting to think that even if I found the man of my dreams, I'd want us to live in separate homes and just hang out a couple of nights a week. I seriously hate the thought of doing someone else's laundry or cooking again--or the thought of taking care of his mother (or his young children!) or having to deal with him coming home from work pissed off. Life is so simple and easy and quiet and enjoyable right now. Seriously, I think I'll be one of those woman who lives alone, loves life, travels the world and is always having fun and smiling. Oh, I am!

4 comments:

Allison said...

The cigarette smoke fact is my favorite...

Suefalla said...

positive word for selfish = taking-care-of-yourself (just pretend this is one word)

PETE Di LALLO said...

Independent is a positive word for selfish...
I also like self-regulating and self-reliant...

Lisa Marie said...

I must say I was very excited to be added to YOUR blogroll ;-)