Friday, April 11, 2008

10 GREAT things about living alone...

Tonight I met Christina, Sarah, Beverly and Laura for dinner at Opah! ( OH SO delicious!!)
Three of the five of us are single and we started talking about all the things we love about living alone...
Here are the top ten:
  1. You can come and go wherever and whenever you want! Like tonight's last minute dinner and LAST night's 'spur of the moment' trip to the Ducks' game! LOVE that!!
  2. No one to tell you that you spent too much money, you are eating too much, or that the song you are listening to is stupid.
  3. The blankets are all yours! (And you can wear flannels and socks to bed!)
  4. You know where the soap has been! (And the toilet seat is down!)
  5. You can take a long bath every day and put jammies on at 4 in the afternoon if you want!
  6. No wondering what kind of mood the 'other person' will be in when they get home!
  7. 'Grocery shopping' is buying bagels, peanut butter and jelly, cereal and diet coke.
  8. Your home is quiet and clean all the time. And there's very little laundry.
  9. You NEVER have to put clothes on in the house.
  10. The remote/computer/car/bathroom/bed/kitchen/garage are ALL yours.
BONUS: You can order, eat and ENJOY dessert every time you go out!
Oh and DID WE!

6 comments:

Ange said...

#11: You can eat pizza for breakfast,lunch, and dinner and no one is there to complain.
#12: you can play any kind of music, as loud as you want, as long as you want.
#13: you can sleep in without feeling guilty.
#14: you can watch reruns of Friends, Gilmore Girls, and Sex in the City without having to turn it to Monster Truck Rally's or golf.

Suefalla said...

number 8 made me jealouse!!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll get a divorce.

Anonymous said...

sounds divine - but if single life is so grand, query just why one of the most luctrative and fastest growing industries in SOCAL is the matchmaker industry? Hmmm Just another point of you.....I think my husband and I will stay married...But really appreciate your thoughts too....

Julie Hibbard said...

oh my dear anonymous I hope and pray to some day be with the man of my dreams! But for some reason, I am alone right now.
I am a happy person no matter what and have found many bright sides in this season of life. What's the option?
Believe me, if God has a kind, loving, affectionate man for me, I'll be happy to share every bit of my life with him.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Julie. There ARE perks to being single. Why not enjoy them? I like your way of thinking.