Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Go ahead...make my day!

My 94 year old Nana is one of my favorite people in the world. Eliane and I visited her today. She is ALWAYS so happy to see me...even if it's been a couple of weeks since I've been there. She wants to discuss the Angels and the Dodgers! She tells me that I am her favorite grand daughter and reminds me that she is praying for a wonderful (Catholic) man to come into my life. And she always tells me to stop losing weight...that I am getting too thin! (Who am I to argue with my Grandmother?)
The cat on her lap is "JoJo"...a stuffed animal that 'lived' at my Grandparents' house my whole life (and my kids' lives too!) My Grandpa used to make little cat sounds and 'talk like a cat' in a really high voice as if JoJo was alive (and talked?)...we played along forever! Today, as Nana held JoJo, I missed my Grandpa. He's been gone for about a year now. I did the little high voice in his honor...God bless JoJo

2 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

I KNEW she liked you best. She has never forgiven me for divorcing Mike, whom she loves more than both of us.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Meow-I, meow-love, moew-you, meow, meow...
Gina, as for Nana, it's like the old saying (sorta):"Love the one you're with"...she'll tell you the same thing...