Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cheeseburger Paradise!

Tonight I walked out of Ralph's and smelled something wonderful from across the supermarket parking lot. I closed my eyes and took it in. It was the smell of delicious--of mouth watering goodness.
It was the smell of Burger King.
I cannot tell you the last time I drove through a fast food restaurant--I am sure my kids were in the back seat! But I'll tell ya, I can't remember a time when I so desperately desired to devour a cheeseburger as I did tonight! The smell was absolutely captivating!
So I got in my car...and I did it.
I drove through Burger King and ordered a Whopper with Cheese (no pickles) and a large Diet Coke! And it was FABULOUS! Oh my gosh the flame-broiled burger with onions and tomato and secret sauce--MAN oh MAN--it was everything I'd hoped it would be! So good!
I only ate about half (it was gigantic!) but savored EVERY single bite. It had been a LONG time since I so THOROUGHLY enjoyed something so perfectly flavored.
It tasted JUST like I remembered and just as I had hoped it would.
It made me happy.
Life is INDEED so very good. So very simple.
And OH so very delicious...

2 comments:

Allison said...

Mmmm...I don't even eat 4-legged animals and I love cheeseburger smell...

Eliane said...

Yummmm!!! I am so proud of you for doing that.