Thursday, April 3, 2008

I am The Birdman...coo coo ca choo

Last Friday when I was meeting my friend for dinner down in Newport he said, "If you get there early, you can go visit with The Birdman." You know me, I got there early, but sat in my car and read instead. Tuesday afternoon, while visiting another friend in Newport, I saw a unique looking man outside of her home and asked about him. She said, "Yeah, that's our neighbor...he's The Birdman!"
I figured it was fate.
Apparently, The Birdman (his name is actually Ski) and his birds have been colorful fixtures down at the Newport Pier for many years. Though I had never heard of him before...I am grateful to say that now I know him well. And the birds too.
We were invited into Ski's home to meet the birds personally...
I even got a kiss out of the deal!
Let's see...a bird in the hand is worth...yeah...
Can you read my mind in this shot? I am thinking, Hello!...that's my $65 Abercrombie sweater he's digging his claws into (as well as my flesh for the love of God!)
Thankfully, Eliane just kept snapping pictures--PRICELESS!
Seriously, it was quite an exciting experience.
I really do have a fun life. Ya never know WHAT'S gonna happen next!

6 comments:

Allison said...

You are hilarious! Your face is so awesome!

Insured Asset Solutions said...

His hair used to be brown...I'd go to see him every time I would go to the beach in elementary and junior high school at the base of the pier.

Eliane said...

That was an experience I'll never forget. It was certainly a fun time.

Heather McTaggart said...

Wow...only you sister!

Gina Vistaunet said...

Today, on the Toll Road, I hit a bird. Actually, it flew into the front of my car, and I didn't swerve. I wasn't a pretty parrot, just a plain bird.

Heather McTaggart said...

Gina....:( I am not a fan of birds but that sounds scary a little! You crack me up!