Wednesday, February 27, 2008

(Sixty) Six Degrees of Separation

This morning I was assisting several guests as they were departing the resort. Their group had spent the last four days in Laguna, enjoying the most glorious weather we have seen in months!
One by one they were telling me of their regret, as they were all headed home to snow and freezing temperatures and "at least another month" of not seeing sunshine.
"It's 12 degrees at home in Milwaukee today!" one woman told me. (You know I wanted to ask her if she knew the Alice Cooper line from Wayne's World.)
Another man said, "We have not even been out of our home for months...it's barely been above zero in Minneapolis since before Christmas."

Yikes.
It was 78 in Laguna today...and absolutely spectacular.
The last two days I have come home from work and gone to layout by the pool.

I assured the guests that the warm weather they had experienced was really quite odd.
I told them that it is rarely above 72 degrees ANYTIME of year in Laguna Beach.
Of course, what I didn't tell them is that it is rarely below 72 degrees either...
(Worth every penny of my $2,500 mortgage.)

4 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

AMEN!!

PETE Di LALLO said...

You sweet little white liar you...

Terrace Crawford said...

Yea, wouldn't mind being where you are. Thats a nice area.

Heather McTaggart said...

AMEN SISTER!