Sunday, February 24, 2008

I've seen it TWICE...

I was SO excited tonight for the Best Original Song co-winners Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard, who wrote, "Falling Slowly" from the movie Once.
Once
is one of the best and probably my most favorite of all the movies I saw last year. I've listened to the sound track over and over...the music is tender and touching and simply terrific.
If you have not seen Once--treat yourself and rent it soon.
You'll love it.
I loved Marketa's acceptance speech:
"The fact that we're standing here tonight, the fact that we're able to hold this, it's just proof that no matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible," Irglova said during take two. "And, you know, fair play to those who dare to dream, and don't give up. This song was written from the perspective of hope, and hope, at the end of the day, connects us all, no matter how different we are."
Amen!

3 comments:

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I LOVED seeing that last night on the Oscars. I love that song, I love that movie. I watched it after seeing your first post about it.

andrea said...

I haven't seen that movie yet but I've been DYING to see it!

You've been tagged by me! You know you love it! :) Check out my blog.

Heather McTaggart said...

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a hard time picking movies around here, I will remember that suggestion!