Monday, February 25, 2008

Bum and Papa's House

My folks hosted a little "Oscars" gathering at their home Sunday night. My mother made a mouth-watering pot roast with chunks of potatoes and carrots, butter-soaked green beans, fresh bread (with more butter) and lots of GRAVY!
My dad generously poured the Chardonnay and then...
My mother brought out FRESH Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.
It was ALL so delicious!
There is no question as to why my sisters and I have struggled with weight issues all of our lives. But I'm tellin' ya...that night, none of us seemed to care...
it was one of the best damn dinners I have had in YEARS.
Thanks Mom and Dad

4 comments:

Eliane said...

There is nothing like a family dinner and especially a home cooked meal by Mom.

brad johnson said...

What is it that mothers add exactly, that make such a meal so fantastic? I got the "rush" just reading about it!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Mom deserves the thanks...
all I did was open four bottles of Chardonnay...

Heather McTaggart said...

YUM!