Monday, February 18, 2008

A little salsa and a little Salsa...

Last night was the annual "Pre-Montage Anniversary Party" fiesta! Tonight is the actual Montage party, but our banquets team has to work that party. The hotel is kind enough to recognize that fact and provides an amazing pre-celebration exclusively for our team.
Above and below with me is "Frankie G"--Francisco, one of our banquet set up team. He offered to teach me to Salsa so that I could be in the dance contest. I don't think I've ever had such a workout!
(That's his beer by the way, I'm still doing Dayquil and stuck to Diet Coke last night.)
I didn't think I was quite ready to enter the contest, but we had a BLAST dancing to that GREAT Salsa music...I was laughing the whole time...there's lots of twirling involved!Trisa, Whitney and Laura (I spent much of the evening adjusting Laura's shirt)We celebrated Jose's birthday and he organized the Pool Tournament.
I'm actually a very good pool player too...well, I do like to play.
We danced the night away! Sorry Allison, I know I promised not to post any dance photos of myself, but this was SO DANG much fun and I realized I don't look any dorkier than everyone else! I REALLY love to dance!
With the addition of Rojillio and Danyel, I think this is a new record for my "long arm technique"-FIVE people in the shot! (OK, we had to take it four times...)
This is my buddy, Almaguer...he and I work most mornings together and last night he came to the party dressed as a Prep School boy...or something like that.
The food was outrageous...home-made guacamole and chips and salsa and delicious chicken and little stuffed pastries and too much more.
But I am SURE I worked it all off dancing!
Tonight is the REAL party--celebrating Montage's 5th Anniversary
...it's the one I bought the dress for...
Really looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I'm glad you love your job so much!
Have fun tonight!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Have fun and get down tonight...

Heather McTaggart said...

I can't wait to see TONIGHT'S pics! SO FUN!