Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Harvest Pie vs. Pumpkin Pie

We went into Coco's last night for one reason and one reason only-- their famous Harvest Pie! There were Harvest Pie signs in the foyer...and pictures of this delicious pie on the menu which was put into our hands! There was even a Harvest Pie table tent in the middle of our table. So we enthusiastically order two pieces!
Ernesto, our (pretty lame) waiter sadly informed us that Harvest Pie will not be available until October 11th. We were bummed!!
But we decided to press on and ordered two pieces of good ol' Pumpkin Pie. Not bad....and probably a good warm up for the season. But look out Ernesto--we'll be back next week for the real deal!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I am totally NOT a pie person...What's the difference between Harvest Pie and Pumpkin pie? (I think I can hear you gasp from here!)

PS...You're comment about Rob is priceless. You haven't even met him (or me), but YES!! That's the most you'll ever see Rob smile. He's a pretty reserved guy until he's around his twin brother. Then he reverts backs to a 14 year old boy.

PPS I am crying sad tears for the Angles. I believe that if they had the correct name, things would have ended differently.

Julie Hibbard said...

Harvest is a layer of pumpkin pie on the bottom and a layer of pumpkin chiffon (fancy word for pumpkin and WHIPPED CREAM mixed together!) on top. It is magnificent and I will no doubt be blogging about it next week. Probably my favorite pie and I totally AM a pie person! (Dear Lord, I am a FOOD OF ANY KIND person!)

Gina Vistaunet said...

I would have been super mad. Although I hate pie of any kind, if you advertise the crap out of it..... you better have it.

Heather McTaggart said...

Isn't pumpkin considered a vegie from the squash family...so making pie out of it just isn't right! Still EWWWW! I am glad you can see past the vegie state of the pie and enjoy! You are such a positive wonderful person you could talk about dirt pie and people would LOVE it, that's what I LOVE about you!

Allison said...

I don't love pie either...but I did love the smell of Pumpkin Spice Lattes when I worked at Starbucks...

PETE Di LALLO said...

Pumpkins, or punkins as they are called by some, are a vegetable you eat only if you're totally starving to death...No way Jose, or Ernesto in this case...
I agree with Heather this time!!!

Jen Panunzio said...

I absolutely love Pumpkin Pie!! I actually prefer it over Harvest Pie. I am so glad it is that time of year!

Emo Cass said...

Ahaha. We should go get some tomorrrow. They better have it!