Saturday, October 27, 2007

Movies (off the top of my head) that make me cry

It might actually be easier to make a list of movies that DON'T make me cry, cause I am a real crier. But these are movies that make me SOB out loud. I gotta admit, there are times when there's nothing better than a good cry...it's so therapeutic and cleansing! These movies are pretty much guaranteed to get you going.
  1. Ghost
  2. Titanic
  3. Lorenzo's Oil
  4. Dead Man Walking
  5. Dumbo (come on...you know the scene)
  6. Shadowlands
  7. Field of Dreams
  8. Terms of Endearment
  9. The Way We Were
  10. Steel Magnolias
  11. Finding Neverland
  12. The Patriot
  13. Glory
  14. Babel
  15. It's a Wonderful Life

5 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

Also a crier, not much of a TV watcher but give me a day of Lifetime movies and an emotional day...and TEARS are abound! Yes, it's great therapy and us girls need that once and a while!

TSHarrison said...

I must admit that I'm a bit of crier too. Not really a crier, but I do tear up. Not something I'm incredibly proud of, but for the sake of cyberspace honesty (somewhat of an oxymoron I suppose) there you go.
However I can say proudly that I've only cried to 6 out of your 15 movies. I dare not make a list of my own.
- Field of Dreams (what son doesn't regret missed opportunities to play catch with his dad?)
- Steel Magnolias (When Sally Fields is letting out her anger toward the end of the movie and wants to hit something, and Olympia Dukakis offers her Shirley MacLaine. The heaviness of that moment mixed with the humor caught my tear restraints off guard. So humiliatiing)
- Finding Neverland
- The Patriot (when the little girl cries out "Daddy!" is the only time I ever openly wept, possibly in my life).
- Glory (what scene doesn't make a person cry?)
- It's A Wonderful Life (I cry to this once a year and then quickly turn it to TBS's 24 hours of A Christmas Story)

A few others that I'll admit are:
- Forrest Gump
- Pursuit of Happyness
- Saving Private Ryan
- Rudy
- On Golden Pond

Cathi said...

I'm going to have to add some of these to my blockbuster queue!

Insured Asset Solutions said...

I've only seen two of them, and only one of them made me tear at the end for like 5 seconds. Man I'm such a pansy!

andrea said...

I'm a total crier too... and I'm okay with it. I would add to this list: Hope Floats, The Notebook, and My Girl