Thursday, October 4, 2007

One more thing to sea in NYC this Christmas

The Little Mermaid came out in the Summer of 1989. Allison was 6 and Zachary was 4. I know that we saw the movie at the theater at least 10 times. And once it came out on video, we watched it another dozen times--if not more!
I bet I could pretty much recite this movie word for word--and I know I could sing every single song...no problem!
"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collections complete? Wouldn't you think I'm a girl...a girl who has everything?"

"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake...Under the Sea...Under the Sea!"
And now it is a Broadway production! Having seen Beauty and the Beast as well as The Lion King on Broadway, I am sure The Little Mermaid will be spectacular!
Wish I could be part of this world!

3 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

ME TOO! Holly loved the Little Mermaid! We must have seen it 100 times! Want to jump on a red eye, see the "Little Mermaid" and be back by dinner? LET'S GO! Nothing to pack, no one will know!

Emo Cass said...

This is another reason why I need to go to NYC in December.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I'm not an especially Little Mermaid lover tho I've seen it dozens of times with our grandchildren...the deal was if they could watch it then I might be able to watch golf or baseball when it was over, usually for not more than 10 minutes...