Friday, February 2, 2007

The Finest Persian Cuisine

About 10 of the Montage team were invited to join our Director of Banquets, Javad, at Caspian Persian Restaurant in Irvine tonight. Javad (on the right, with Jaime and me) is from Persia and was eager to have us share in this dining experience. We started with the dish below which is hummus, eggplant, stuffed grape leaves, tabouli, and chicken salad. I ordered the Baghala Polo, which is lamb and fava beans mixed with Basmati rice. We all sampled from one another--everything was so unique and delicious! And then the show began! A band came out and began to play and suddenly, there were Belly Dancers everywhere! Great outfits, amazing dancing. I gotta admit that all the songs sounded very much like Cheb Mami singing Desert Rose with Sting. Once the belly dancers were finished, the entire place got up to dance. It was an experience like none other...super entertaining...and just a totally different world. (And, I have to add, that one of the most fun parts of the night was that FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, I was able to talk about "The Office" with everyone!)

3 comments:

Alanna Moine said...

maybe one day I will blog about the time a GUY in my speech class gave a "how to" speech on how to belly dance.

Now THAT was a unique experience as well!

Allison said...

You love talking about The Office...did anyone ruin what's going to happen?

Julie Hibbard said...

No! I asked them to please not talk about the last few episodes! And they did not. They were all like YOU, they had seen them all several times, so we talked about the ones we had all seen. So funny! I finally fit in!