Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Color Purple

As I drove down the street today I noticed all the beautiful purple Jacaranda trees in full bloom...they are just gorgeous. The campus of Cal State Fullerton is FULL of them and I remember that they only bloom once a year--at the end of the school year.
I used to walk the campus and enjoy the fabulous purple colored blooms and know that another school year was nearly over...perhaps that made them even more beautiful...it was like they came into full bloom to celebrate the completion of one more semester. (I spent seven years at the Cal State Fullerton campus.)
I have a picture of me in my cap and gown on my graduation day under the blooming Jacarandas. One of the best days of my life...the celebration of the completion of my degree!
Today they were a reminder of that celebration to me.
And a reminder that the kids will all be done with school soon...that summer is on its way...that graduations and celebrations are coming this month!
Maybe I just like the trees...they just make me happy.

1 comment:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Brings back memories when you and sisters knew so many botanical names of plants...
remember Chorisia speciosa? Agapanthus? Lantana?
Any others?