Monday, February 2, 2009

And the winner is...

One of the best parts of blogging is 'meeting' new people.
Protege has been reading and commenting on this blog for several months now. I have never met her in person--in fact, she lives in Denmark! I'm not even sure how she even ended up on my blog--though I am sure I will find out today--and I am so very glad she did. Protege is a gifted, talented and entertaining writer and I have SO enjoyed 'getting to know her' through her brilliantly-written stories, thoughts and musings.
Today, she gifted me with the Marie Antoinette award (for "keeping it real") and a few very kind words. Honestly, I am honored.
Though Protege lives in Denmark, she grew up in Sweden. And perhaps, therein lies our connection. No, I am not Swedish nor have I ever been to Sweden. But I did drive Volvos and Saabs for 25 years.
Tack själv, dear Protege!

1 comment:

Zuzana said...

Oh, my goodness, I almost missed this post! You are so kind my dear Julie, now it is my turn to be touched!
I am the one who is honored that you accept this award; as you deserve it fully!
And I am so impressed by your Swedish. And happy you enjoy the Swedish cars.;))
I look forward to many more visits here.;))