Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Is this Heaven?

Oh dear in friends in Ohio, Montreal, Tennessee, Texas and Michigan (and everywhere else there is snow and/or ice on the ground!)
It was 72 degrees in Laguna Beach today!
It was absolutely spectacular down at the beach...the sun was warm, the flowers all in full bloom, we saw dolphins in the ocean, pelicans flew above us...an amazingly gorgeous day!
We actually had our meeting ON THE BEACH this afternoon! (With Graham and Chase above.) We sat on beach towels and--for a brief moment--we closed our eyes and breathed in the fresh air and felt the ocean breeze. It was magnificent! The girl who was leading our meeting asked us to stop and look around for a few minutes...she encouraged us to realize and appreciate the incredible beauty around us. We did! Oh man...we did!
And I thought of you, dear friends in cold places.
It's January 28th in Laguna Beach...
wish you were here...

6 comments:

Ange said...

Okay so yesterday it was snowing up here. Today was freezing cold. I was wishing today I was in sunshine weather...and I see this post. Wow, I have to say...I am incredibly jealous!

Allison said...

Well, it was about 90 here yesterday...So you have the beach, but I have multiple daily power outages...jealous?

Zuzana said...

I ma SOOOOO envy, please send some sunshine this way.;)

Eliane said...

Oh! I miss Laguna Beach and my visit at Montage.
I have been driving in the treacherous weather all week here in Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. The beautiful weather. I do apreciate it now more than ever, because my but is freezing in Colorado. But I dream about one day being back in Laguna, and I never leave.

Judit

Chris T (alanna's mom) said...

I'm embarrassed to say we actually had the air on in the car because the sun was beating down on us here in San Juan Capistrano! But it was gorgeous here today!!!
I'm not ready for bikini weather!