Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tennis Lessons

I started taking tennis lessons a few weeks ago...and I love it! I have taken lessons before and actually use to play quite a bit (and I was pretty good!) Admittedly, that was a few years ago...OK--30 years ago.
But it's all quickly coming back to me! And this time I am playing with an amazing, light weight, gigantic Prince tennis racket (borrowed) instead of my 10 pound wooden Chris Evert racket (circa 1974.)
Truthfully, it's been fun to just be out on the court with the other "adult beginners" learning and laughing with the instructor who is currently working on an HBO show about how tough it is to teach adults to play sports!
Nope, I do not wear a tennis skirt.
Though when I met my friend after my lesson this week, he said I looked "very athletic."
Totally worth the cost of the class.

3 comments:

Eliane said...

Please, promise me you won't be going around town in a tennis skirt ever!
Remember those ladies coming to coco's wearing tennis skirts and dripping diamonds...We always wonder if they were really playing tennis.
HHHHHHHHHHH

PETE Di LALLO said...

How can I forget playing tennis with you when I was in my thirty-somethings...I probably have an antique Prince racket, one of the first models, somewhere in our storage...
I'd love to take the game up again (if you promise to take it easy on me)especially since we have a tennis court across the 'baranca' from our house...

Anonymous said...

You are officially my favorite. Tennis rocks, I love it so much. Next time you come out we WILL play. Did you know I played in High School and College? I haven't played in a while for lack of competitors (no one besides my best friend is in to it as much as I am and she is in Jerusalem right now). Well Cass likes to play with me, but he has never played...But I am going to start a Cardio Tennis class in a couple weeks. I am so excited! And for you too! And PS I have two tennis skirts, (HHS, MCC) but don't wear them either. Although I was debating wearing my red MCC one next time I play.