Friday, September 14, 2007

Fulfilling a Craving

Josh Dana Me Cisco and Jana
There is something about being around people who totally put you at ease...people who know you deeply--and love you and support you and constantly encourage you. This group is made up of those people--the team of youth workers who I was totally blessed to work with in "Crave", the college ministry at Saddleback Church.
We have quite literally laughed and cried and worked and played together...and put together services and songs and skits and bulletins and visuals and art rooms and social nights and prayer groups. We skied together in Brian Head and "tubed" together at Lake Mead.
(And Francisco & I danced together every single day!) At the end of our stint as a team we had nights of 500 plus college students attending our Thursday night services! Those were the days.
Tonight we gathered at Leigh and Jana's home to say "Cheerio" to Josh who is leaving to work at a church in London. The night was filled with memories of GREAT times together...of things we accomplished together...of encouragement and support and love and laughter. It was an amazing reminder to each of us of the true friendships we have in one another. I am blessed to have quite a few incredible friends...but these just might truly be my favorites...

5 comments:

Allison said...

So fun! You love those people...and that baby Leighton...so dang cute!

Heather McTaggart said...

Great pics! HEY...FYI..had a "blogger" discipline talk with our friend Alex today and told him that you and Pete will officially disown him if he doesn't get with the program! I will have ANOTHER blogging class for him this week to catch him up! Also, still have your bowl and chair! Let's get together SOON!

Insured Asset Solutions said...

Tear, Tear...I miss those days. It was because of people like you that kept me around. Thanks for the memories.

PS. I think I have some Mead photos that I need to find and post ;-D

Jessica McKnight said...

Must say... I got a little teary eyed looking at those pictures... also reminded me that I need to call Dana, thanks for that :)During such a crazy time of transition for so many young adults, it was people like you guys that kept it all together.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Heather,
ALEX WHO??