Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Classic 45s

Trying to settle a bet the other day, I went through my 45 records. I have about 200...no way to play them, but they look cool in a big basket in my den. I hadn't looked through them in a while...the songs crack me up. Most of these were probably purchased when I was between 10 and 14 and some still have the 64cent K-Mart price tag on them. A couple have my sisters' names on them (No, you can not have them back!) I can remember us playing the records over and over and singing and dancing to every single one. For some reason, I don't have many of these songs on my ipod...yeah, they are that good. Here are a few of the titles...see if you recognize any of them. Some of these were the "one hit" of many "wonders". But others...classics in any one's book.
"I'd really love to see you tonight", "You are the Sunshine of my Life", "The Pina Colada Song", "Love is like Oxygen", "Chevy Van", "I love you just the way you are", "Dancing Queen", "Sugar, Sugar", "Bad Leroy Brown", "That's Rock n' Roll", "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree", "My girl, Bill", "Walk this Way", "Afternoon Delight", "Spiders and Snakes", "I just want to be your everything", "Billy don't be a hero", "Delta Dawn", "Bennie and the Jets", "Shake Shake Shake, Shake your Booty"....and OH SO many more. Then there is my very favorite song ever, the first 45 I ever owned, "Julie, Julie, Julie do ya love me?"

9 comments:

Sarah said...

What fun memories! When those songs come on the radio today you can't help but stop and listen.

Anonymous said...

how about the Grease soundtrack??? and Jewels remember Genesis "take the long way home"And Gina Led Zepplin out the window "hey hey Mama!!!" Love Ya All In DiLallo land,Sherri Marie

'neice said...

Wow! There is a station here in San Jose that has plays the "Pina Colada" song a lot. :)

Heather McTaggart said...

I have a RECORD player at the Harbor House, I know hard to believe since the house is so "up to date" ha ha! We will have to go down there one night bring some 45's and have an old fashion listening party! Sounds like fun! My dad owned a radio station...there are TONS of albums in our family still!

Chris T (alanna's mom) said...

Oh my god! I love all those songs!!! Billy Dont be a Hero!! Ahh! I love that song! Do you remember the song.."Knock 3 times?"

PETE Di LALLO said...

I especially remember you guys dancing on the large square coffee table in the den...that sucker was really BUILT!

Gina Vistaunet said...

On my satelite radio there is a station that plays only '70's music and these songs are always on there. They are all my favorites. Didn't we have Seasons in the Sun? And on the other side of that? Put the bone in?

PETE Di LALLO said...

Gina,
your memory of old songs is sometimes unnecessary to comment about...
did you guys dance to THAT song?
I must have been working too much...

Ann said...

Pete, You're always working too much!