Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The first day of school


"Take time to enjoy the little things...one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."

I know I used this picture in a post before...but I just couldn't resist using it again. As I drove by school buses on my way home from work today and watched as moms and dads anxiously waited on the corner to pick up their kids from school, it reminded me of the good old days! Today I truly missed being part of the "back to school" experience.
I SO love being a mom and SO loved taking care of my children when they were younger...making sure they had a good breakfast, all their homework done, any forms filled out and signed...a good lunch...and you can tell from the photograph that they always had the latest fashions!
I took a picture of Allison and Zachary on the first day of school every single year...(for as long as they would let me!)
So glad I did.

6 comments:

SarahD said...

Oh my gosh!
I remember those days!
Sunny and I just walked to second grade today for the first time from our new house!~

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! Those were big things. I also took a picture of Nathans first day of school every year.And enjoyed making him breakfast everyday through the 12th grade. Now he is in college in Houston TX(still a sailor) . Hey lets go to a ballgame!!!Sherri

Allison said...

Crazy...I totally remember that dress...and that bag...

Gina Vistaunet said...

So cute. Thatch starts school Thursday and I was thinking it will be the first time I have a picture of him alone.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Did you get a photo of Logan on his first day of college?
I'd be happy to meet you at Thatch's school and get a pic of both of you...say the word...

Randy said...

oh my goodness! Awesome! Thanks for saying hi...it was quite ironic that i read your message while at the Angels game! Go Angels!!! :-)