Monday, September 24, 2007

Storing up treasures....

Well, not so much actual treasures....My sister Gina and I went to clean out our mom's storage units today. (Yes, units--plural.)
We started at 8:30am and finished up around 4:30...only we definitely have to meet again next week to actually finish the job.
I found the treasured fur coat and Gina found her wedding dress. Yep, she still fit into it! And she wore the tiara all day...even when she drove through Jack in the Box.
This is years and years of my parents and my sisters AND my grandparents stuff. We made a total of FIVE car loads of stuff to the Goodwill and loaded up TWO dumpsters!
And organized SO much of it!
We moved boxes and dressers and hutches and desks...and Gina did a great job of bungy-ing them all down for the trips down El Toro Road!
I'd say we made a LOT of progress (our friend Mary was a GOD-send!)
Can't wait til next Monday! Let me know if you'd like to join us!

6 comments:

Eliane said...

I can't believe I missed that. I am thinking of flying to OC for day#2.

PETE Di LALLO said...

HOLY COW!!!
Would you believe it's been about ten years since I've seen the rear wall of that storage unit?
For years Mom has been storing stuff in there, not all ours...moving down to a two bedroom place from a five bedroom house was tough...my parents' furniture and priceless nick-nacs, (knick-knacs?)did all that go too?
Yesterday was a super busy day at my office and I would have loved being there with you...I can take pictures too...
thanks so much to you, Gina and Mary...
hope you kept some 'good stuff' for yourselves!!!

p.s Mom went to bed early last night and I hope she's still sleeping...she was worn out but very super pleased with the progress...

Heather McTaggart said...

Do my mom's next....please! I will pay you only I am a little afraid of what you may find! On second thought...do mine next!! You would think since we have only been here about a year that we wouldn't have accumulated THAT much junk...but HA HA...WE HAVE!! It's the kids....I promise!

SarahD said...

Even though that was vital, it scares me to know what was donated.....surely some of it was mine. You're brave, brave girls.

Gina Vistaunet said...

Sas,

Mom would not let us get rid of one thing that was yours or Debby's. The hoola hoop is still there.

PETE Di LALLO said...

SAS,
I have Mom's word and Julie and Gina's that nothing belonging to you was touched...and Nana's piano is staying in storage too, I promise...