Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I hate this song


Today at TJ Maxx "You were always on my mind" by Willie Nelson was playing...I started to sing along and, for the first time, realized how terrible the words are!





Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine

If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm so sorry I was blind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

So, essentially, he's saying, "I never told you that you were pretty. I never told you that I love you. I never did anything nice for you. I treated you terribly. I never held you when you were sad and I made you feel second best...BUT I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU!"
What the heck? Forget it buddy! You should have called! You should have told me! Too late!
ok, I feel better.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Have you seen Willie Nelson?

Maybe SHE didn't love him all that often...maybe she left him because he's old and gross...and he thought it was for all of these reasons.

Brent said...

You tell him Jules.

PETE Di LALLO said...

WTH was Willie thinkin'?
This song reminds me of someone...
It's a good thing you and your sistas raised me properly...thanks

Gina Vistaunet said...

I hate that song too, but I hate the song, Closing Time, more.

Heather McTaggart said...

I hate that song, but LOVE the TJ Maxx...great buys if you have the time! I NEED some serious shopping days, my closet cries in the morning.."don't look in here, it's the same ole crap!"

Brent said...

Gina, not "Closing Time" by Semisonic? That song is great. Perfect for closing the bar at 2am.