Thursday, May 17, 2007

Birthday Celebration #3

Tonight I had TRULY one of the most spectacular meals ever. I have had great meals in Rome and Paris and New York City--among other places--and you know that I LOVE food...so when I say it was a good meal--I am telling you it was out of this world!
The photo above is with my friend, Stephanie and
the Chef of Mozambique, Alfonso Contrisciani...and his gorgeous birds!

Mozambique's atmosphere, wine selection and extensive menu is really phenomenal!
Check it out HERE
We had a bottle of Canonbah Bridge 2003 Drought Reserve Shiraz
which our waiter, Stephen suggested...and it was delicious!
I brought the rest home with me. (I locked it in the glove box)
Stephanie is the Director of Catering at Montage and I worked as her assistant before moving into my current position. She is currently in a leadership/success program with Jack Canfield (of Chicken Soup for the Soul fame) and is a BIG fan of "The Secret" so we had LOTS to talk about! Over these last couple of years, Stephanie has been one of the most encouraging people in my life.
One of the best treats of the evening was having Stephen as our waiter. Stephen and I worked together at Coco's on Crown Valley Parkway in 1982...we've known each other 25 years...
And, to make the night complete, he brought out a
"banana-white chocolate-macadamia nut-bread pudding"!!!
For the love of God I don't think I ever tasted any dessert that was more amazing.
Seriously, the entire meal--the entire EVENING--was wonderful!
And it's not even my birthday yet...

4 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

What a great "pre-birthday" celebration...so "happy early b'day" from me!

Brent said...

Mmmm. That dessert looks wonderful.

Gina Vistaunet said...

I'm not sure I would want to eat any of the food he prepares after holding those birds...

PETE Di LALLO said...

one of the food photos looks too much like a bird body...kinda scarey looking...
maybe OK after a few bottles of Burrowing Owls Vineyard Chardonnay...white with birds, eh?
what became of bird flu?