Monday, May 28, 2007

A great weekend in Arizona!

My cousin Robin and her family have lived in Arizona for the last 21 years...and she's been inviting me to come visit for the last 20...and I finally made it out! Friday morning I took off at 7am and by 8:30 I was with Robin and her 5 year old son, Joe (my new best friend)
We had an amazing three days together...here are the highlights!
NOTE: I actually DID NOT take my laptop...and I lived to tell!
Friday night we went to the Diamondbacks Game! Randy Johnson was actually scheduled to pitch, but ended up pulling a muscle and bowing out...but I did get my picture with him...Randy is 6'10 so I figure this is about how tall he'd BE if he was actually standing next to me! The stadium is remarkable!! Robin's seats are three rows back on the third base line!
The roof and windows open up...it's a breathtakingly beautiful stadium!
Robin and I shared a hot dog...we took about 10 of this picture trying to get it right.
Robin could not stop laughing...
The Diamondback's Stadium is the SEVENTH baseball stadium I have now visited.
Only 23 to go...
This is Robin's GRANDDAUGHTER, Kaylee.

This is my buddy, Joe, Robin's adorable 5 year old son. We became best friends...especially when he brought out the recorder and we sang 550 renditions of "Hot Cross Buns"
...sing it with me, "Hot cross buns, hot cross buns--
HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT--hot cross buns."

Saturday morning, Robin's husband, Bob, flew us all up to their cabin in his new airplane!
It was a magnificent experience...I got to fly as co-pilot on the way up .
My job: don't touch anything.
(Joe was co pilot on the way home. He did a great job...)

The four of us in the "hanger'...Robin, Bob, Joe and me.
(Doesn't Bob look like Hugh Grant?)
Joe and I played a little Nerf football out in front of the cabin...
I taught him a very special victory dance...

Saturday night, Robin and Bob treated me to an incredible dinner and tour of the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale. (Yes, I took pictures of my dinner) The hotel is fabulous!
Sunday morning I attended church with the whole family and then came back to the house for a great lunch with all of them before I had to get to the airport...
The weekend was GREAT...Phoenix is great!
And my cousin Robin is amazing...on top of all of these fun activities, we never stopped talking and laughing and we even went and got a pedicure!
It will NOT be 20 more years til I go back...

7 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I didn't know Randy Johnson played for the D-bags...

Brent said...

Scottsdale and Phoenix are great, except for the heat.

PETE Di LALLO said...

WOW!!!

Cathi said...

This is so great! It looks like you had an amazing weekend!

Allison said...

Glad you had fun...I can't believe how much activity you crammed in to a few days!

'neice said...

I LOVE the stadium where the D-backs play. Both (yes, both) times I was Remuda LIFE I got to go to a game and I think it is one of the best designed ball parks ever!

Unknown said...

Scottsdale in May? You are brave or crazy. Did you visit Mary Elaine's at the Phoenician? That is where I worked a while back when I was a freshman at ASU.