Sunday, August 1, 2010

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now...

While looking through some pictures tonight, I came across this photo. Yep, that's ME (third from the right) about 10 years ago. I weighed 170+pounds (I am barely 5'2) and, despite the smile, was unhappy, unhealthy and hurting in so many ways. This is ME (and my sister, Gina) taken a few months ago. It's been a busy 10 years. On top of being 40 pounds lighter, I have diligently worked on healing, which has helped me to be happier and healthier--in nearly every aspect of my life.
Age has NOTHING to do with how you look or the physical (or emotional) shape you are in.
I am younger today than I have ever been before. And more grateful than you can imagine.

1 comment:

Zuzana said...

You look great Julie on both pictures.;) But I agree, your happiness is rarely connected to the way you look; it is your happiness that makes you feel you look good no matter your size or shape.;)
Have a great day dear friend,
xoxo