Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's a beautiful day for a ballgame!

I am heading up to Dodger Stadium today for my 18th baseball game of the year--and for what I hope to be the Dodgers 60th win of the season!




It is almost impossible to describe the JOY I feel when I get to be at a Dodger Game. My heart beats before I even enter the parking lot...and it jumps out of my chest as I walk into the ballpark! Once I get to my seat--with a beer in one hand and a Dodger dog in the other--I never stop smiling!!
I watch batting practice as the crowd shuffles in and I swear, there is absolutely no other place on earth that I'd rather be!
It is a feeling that has yet to be surpassed.
My Dad introduced me to the Los Angeles Dodgers when I was just a kid, and I've been going to games at Dodger Stadium for as long as I can remember--literally all my life. The Dodgers won the World Series the year I was born as well as the year I graduated from high school...our connection seems to be destiny.
Someday, I will be a season ticket holder...or, better yet, work there!
Until then, I will take a little time to figure out which jersey to wear tonight, buy me some peanuts and crackerjack and then...take me out to the ballgame!
I don't care if I never get back...
And honestly, I really don't.

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

FYI only for baseball fans:

Dodger Stadium WAS third oldest baseball park after Boston's Fenway Park 1912, Chicago Cub's Wrigley Field 1914 until Montreal Expos moved to Washington and became the Nationals to play in old RFK stadium built in 1961
Dodger Stadium 1962 is now fourth...

PETE Di LALLO said...

Julie, do you like baseball?



Just Kidding!

PETE Di LALLO said...

That last comment was from me....your mom.