Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dinner with the boys

As I was walking to the parking garage this afternoon--after a very busy, long Sunday at work--I was thinking I would treat myself to an order of Pad Thai from Pick up Stix.
I went to turn on the car, I noticed that it seemed to chug a little, but it started. Once on my way, I called Pick up Stix and was soon walking back to my car with dinner in hand. (I was honestly thinking, "I wonder if red or white goes with Pad Thai...")
Then, I went to start the car. Nothing. Dead. Dead! I knew it! Gratefully, there is a Mobil Station in the parking lot of Pick up Stix, and after several minutes of negotiations, one of the men working there assisted me with jumping my car.
Oh my dinner smelled good...as I headed straight to Pep Boys!
After a brief "battery check" and $124 on the debit card, I was asked to take a seat in the waiting area and informed that it would be about 30 minutes to install the new battery. And so I did.
But I was so hungry...I decided to sneak back out to my car and retrieve the Pad Thai. What the heck, I quickly ran next door to CVS and bought a Diet Coke with lime. It was dinner time!
I wish I had taken a photograph--
There I was--in my best navy blue suit, cream stockings and heels, sitting in the Pep Boys waiting area, watching "The best of Nascar"(or something of that genre) all the while holding the Diet Coke between my knees and eating my delicious Pad Thai!! (Thank goodness they had thrown the chop sticks in with the order.) I smiled big as I sucked in a big noodle (they had not, by the way, thrown in a napkin) and I thought how fun it was to be so thoroughly enjoying this meal in such ridiculous surroundings!
I was so excited to see that they had thrown a fortune cookie in the bag, and as I finished up the meal, I anxiously cracked open my cookie and read the fortune:

Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.

And as I finished up my lovely dinner with Manny, Moe and Jack and headed out to my newly re-vitalized car...
I absolutely had to agree.

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Ah, what a delicious little story! That is it Julie, always look at the bright side of life.;)) You, if anyone, know how.;))
Thank you for your wonderful comments at my place.;)
xo

PETE Di LALLO said...

Next time call us we'll join you.
Love ya' Bum

dawnrenehehoo said...

Yum! I luv pad thai, especially with peanut sauce! You have the best blog site!