Friday, July 31, 2009

A fair to remember

For her birthday, I gave my sister, Gina two tickets to tonight's KC and the Sunshine Band concert. Yikes.
Let's just say that's not the way I like it! Poor KC is so heavy and out of shape, it was truly painful to watch him (attempt to) perform!
Click on the photo of KC and see how profusely he was sweating...the entire time! He couldn't catch his breath and could not keep up with the dancers (who were close to naked, though were not nearly as attractive as that might sound!) Gina and I LOVED when KC sang his few very recognizable songs, and we sang and danced along...but the other 50 minutes of the one hour show was just plain awful to watch.
Poor Guy!! I kept thinking he was going to have a heart attack right there on the stage!
But, thanks to pre-show taquitos, beer, ice cream and a great photo booth session--all was not lost! We had a blast. And, I have a feeling KC's concert will be something that we talk--and laugh-- about for many years to come...Happy Birthday Gina!

5 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

You were lucky to see him in KC performed his last concert...

Zuzana said...

I am happy you had a great time even though KC is not what he used to be. I could not almost recognize him in the picture.
Still, I guess the memories of great music will outlast him.;)
Have a wonderful Sunday.;)
xo

Silver Eye Photography said...

How fun! Nancy Ramos

Ange said...

Okay I'm so glad Amy and I aren't the only ones who think this! When we saw them...same thing. Same naked dancers. Same sweating. Same disappointment. However, I give him props for attempting to tour again!!

SarahD said...

Thank God you two are so beautiful because he is H!